Android App Development Course
August 12, 2017 10:00 am - August 19, 2017 5:00 pm£499 - £999
Our complete Android app development course teaches you how to program in Java and build beautiful Android apps.
Our weekend course assumes no prior programming knowledge and takes you through app development step-by-step. By the end of the course, you will be confidently programming in Java – the language that runs the world – and ready to start building your own apps.
What You Will Build
We believe in learning by doing. So you’ll be getting to grips with app design and programming by building 10 popular apps from the Google Play Store.
You’ll learn how to program in Java and become familiar with Google’s Android Studio software during the course.
These are just some of the apps you will code and build by the end of the course:
I Am Rich: The $999 App
Learn app design skills and how to use Android Studio to build a project from scratch.
Destini: A Choose-Your-Own Adventure Game.
Learn control flow in Java and build a clone of “Lifeline”.
Clima: GPS Weather App
Tap into the GPS sensor and get live data from the internet using APIs.
FlashChat: Build WhatsApp
Create a cloud-based database to power your very own chat application.
What You Will Learn
- Become familiar with Android Studio, Google’s Integrated Development Environment.
- Learn to use XML to Design Your Apps.
- Become fluent in the Java programming language.
- Learn full-stack app development, including having your own data server on the net.
- To find out more about the technical objectives of the course, you can download the full course specification here.
The App Development Course Schedule:
- First Saturday: 10:00 – 17:00 – Foundation in App Programming & App Design Workshop
- Second Saturday: 10:00 – 17:00 – Intermediate App Programming & App Marketing Workshop
Android track requirements:
- Bring your own laptop (PC or Mac) with Android Studio installed. We’ll get you access to Android Studio and guide you through the installation process prior to the course.
- Optional (recommended): bring an Android phone/tablet with a USB cable to connect it to your laptop to install your apps on them.
Still unsure? Check out what our past students thought about the course.
Book now before it’s gone!